Covid-19, how to handle long quarantined days? The advice of the psychologist to survive at home: from videocalls with friends to sports.
It has been two long weeks that the quarantine began after the emergency for the Covid-19. All our habits have been upset by this terrible virus that doctors and nurses with all their might are trying to defeat.
Unfortunately though the government has categorically forbidden to leave the house except for work and spending, many Italians mislead the decree.
My There Chiung, psychologist and psychotherapist expert in the field of minors and family, in recent days, has made available his decades of experience to provide valuable advice on how to deal with the moment.
READ ALSO -> “YOU MUST STAY HOME” THE BREATH OF THE RESUSCITTER ON FACEBOOK – VIDEO
Covid-19: the advice of the psychologist to survive the long quarantine
My There he explained that many people could be affected by these long days from a mental point of view, but he reiterated that:
The situation is very serious and we must be rigorous in respecting all the rules. For many people, being suddenly locked in the house can be a shock: for this it is good to know how to react and what to do to get better on a psychological level
In fact, the psychologist, just to help us in this hard moment, has decided to draw up a list of things that can be done at home.
1) ORGANIZE TIME. The laziness of these days and not having a tight agenda could take over everything else. The psychotherapist advises to aim the alarm in any case and not to turn it off. It is important not to lose the connection of time, but to create a daily routine. Never go to bed too late and keep lunch and dinner times fixed.
2) DO SPORT. The rule applies to everyone, even those who have never moved a finger or hid behind the famous phrase so far: “I have no time”. Now that there is time, it is a fundamental activity for the well-being of the brain and also for the whole family. Thanks to Youtube, Facebook is Instagram you can find the most disparate trainers.
3) DEDICATE TIME TO YOUR HOBBY. It is necessary to organize the day to give space also to the passions that are closed in the drawer. With all this time available, it is possible to deepen what interests us most: from learning new languages to devoting ourselves to cooking.
READ ALSO -> CORONAVIRUS: THE FACES OF THE SHOW FOR THE HASHTAG #IORESTOACASA
4) AVOID TREATING YOURSELF. Even if the situation is difficult, the psychologist advises not to resort to medicine without the approval of a doctor. Indeed what you need to do in case you feel down or cannot sleep at night is to consult your doctor.
5) KEEP CONTACT. Although seeing is impossible now, calling or having long group conversations on videocall no. Thanks to the technology that surrounds us, we have the opportunity to continue to feel and perceive human warmth even from a distance. So the psychologist invites you to keep the phone on and maybe make some gesture of generosity, helping an elderly neighbor for shopping